Certificate IV in Education Support
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision.
Some job roles may require tasks to be performed with a moderate level of autonomy and/or the provision of supervision/leadership to other staff/volunteers
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS001 Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS021 Assist in facilitation of student learning
- CHCEDS022 Work with students in need of additional support
- CHCEDS024 Use educational strategies to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS025 Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS032 Support learning and implementation of responsible behaviour
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCEDS019 Support students’ mathematics learning (Elective)
- CHCEDS020 Support students’ literacy learning (Elective)
- CHCEDS031 Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder(Elective)
- CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centered approach (Elective)
- CHCCDE004 Implement participation and engagement strategies (Elective)
There are no formal pre requisites to this qualification however, students must successfully pass a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to their enrolment and obtain a Working With Children’s Check before commencing their placement.
Study Modes Available
We have a variety of study modes available to suit you.
- Classroom – face to face learning in class. We provide one -on -one guidance to our classroom students. (our classes are only conducted during school terms and are once a week)
- Online – distance learning (flexible learning)
- Virtual classes – virtual classes are done through Zoom online platform for students who are not able to attend face to face classroom training but prefer face to face learning. You have the flexibility to attend virtual class from wherever you are.
Average completion time is 8 months. The full qualification must be completed within 24 months from date of enrolment and regular submission of assessment tasks is required.
Students will participate in 100 hours of supervised work in an formal education setting, including public and independent schools. A competent qualified supervisor (Qualified Teacher) will mentor and supervise individual students.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Officer
Education support worker
Fees & Charges
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. It is available for eligible students.
SWTS support and encourage individuals with disabilities to access training subsidised through the Skills First Program.
Also, we have Job trainer funding available for Job Seekers.
Please contact our office on 03 9748 9233.
- Friday, October 8, 2021
Virtual class. Contact training office for enrolments 03 9748 9233
- Hoppers Crossing
- Virtual class starting on Friday, 8th October 10am to 1pm.
Why South West Training Services
We offer people a range of career options through the provision of government accredited vocational education and training provided both in the workplace and at our education centre.
people from all walks of life
"I really enjoyed being a part of South West Training Services. The staff are very friendly, every time we come, we can see smiling faces greeting us. Our educator is very talented and supportive. I will really miss the classes and time spent at South West. I will surely recommend this course to my friends."
"The programs that are offered are just so adaptable for the students needs. It has been a whole new world and I would certainly recommend this program to my other friends and families. The learning part and the placement location was just so much fun with lots of interaction between students and staff."
"My experience here at South West Training Services was really great, the learning tools and the way the teacher had expressed all that we needed to learn was really insightful, helps you with work placement. The environment was really accommodating for learning and we just had lots of fun."
"I would like to thank South West Training Services for proving me an opportunity to be a part of this institution. Being a student, I enjoyed every part of the my course right from the theory in class through to the practical placements that helped me develop professional skills. Thanks a lot for all the knowledge I got from your talented and well educated trainers and course material that helped me learn every aspect of the child care industry."