SWTS – Security capabilities policy for transmission of payment card details
1. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
1.1 To help us properly maintain your account. When you place an order through this website, we need to know your name, e-mail, and credit card details if paying by credit card.
This allows us to process and fulfil your order successfully.
2. How does Southwest Training Services protect customer information?
2.1 When you place orders, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
Furthermore, to prevent unauthorised access all the sensitive customer data we collect is protected by several layers of encryption and several layers of security.
3. Credit card details
3.1 All credit card payments are processed securely through Pay Way. Southwest Training Services does not store any credit card information on our servers.
4. What about cookies?
4.1 . You will need cookies enabled to use the Southwest Training Services. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. They allow you to place your online order and to login once you are subscribed.
5. Your consent
6. Payment gateway information
6.1 Our payment options presently available are limited but, most importantly, safe and secure. In accordance with the recommendations of Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. Customer card details are protected using Transport Layer encryption with algorithm AES and key length 256 bit.
How SWTS collects your Personal Information
How SWTS holds your Personal Information
SWTS may hold your Personal Information in either hard copy or electronic form, or both. You have the right to gain access to the Personal Information SWTS collects about you if deemed appropriate by a representative of SWTS.
How SWTS uses your Personal Information
SWTS uses your Personal Information:
• to provide you with products and services and improve such products and services;
• to administer its customer/business relationship with you;
• for internal purposes such as procedural assessments, risk management, product and service reviews, staff training, accounting and billing; and
• to identify, and inform you of, products and services that may be of interest to you.
How SWTS discloses your Personal Information
SWTS will only disclose your Personal Information for a purpose that is related to the product or service that SWTS is providing to you. This may include disclosures to organisations that provide products or services to SWTS or you, including professional advisers to SWTS and contractors to whom SWTS outsources certain functions including in relation to this website. SWTS will take all reasonable measures to ensure that any contractor it discloses your Personal Information to complies with applicable privacy standards and laws.
SWTS may also disclose Personal Information where it is expressly permitted by law, with your consent, or where SWTS is legally required to do so, such as under current Australian legislation. Correcting your Personal Information If your Personal Information is out-of-date or incorrect, you may inform SWTS of this and SWTS will correct it for you.
If SWTS disagrees about the accuracy of the Personal Information provided and is unable or unwilling to change it, you may provide SWTS with a statement indicating that you dispute its accuracy and SWTS will associate that statement with your Personal Information so that it will be brought to the attention of each person who uses the Personal Information.
Promotional Information – Applicable if promoting through the Website
SWTS may like to send you marketing communications and newsletters about goods and services that SWTS believes may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such material, please inform SWTS of this in writing (ie. letter, email or Social Media message).
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, SWTS is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this rolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by SWTS for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. SWTS may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
• School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
• Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
• Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
• Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
• Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
• facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
• understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
• administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
ABN : 36 104 065 401
Country of domicile : Australia (at address)
Currency : AUD
Additionally, please review our website privacy police and privacy notice on our website and student handbook for further understanding. www.swts.org.au/student handbook