CHC40221 – Certificate IV In School Based Education Support
Our CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support course aims to boost your career prospects. This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, who provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad-based supervision. Some job roles may require tasks to be performed with a moderate level of autonomy and/or the provision of supervision/leadership to other staff/volunteers
17 units in total Core units - 13 and Elective units - 4
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people (Core)
- CHCECE054 Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures (Core)
- CHCEDS033 Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment (Core)
- CHCEDS045 Support student mathematics learning (Core)
- CHCEDS046 Support student literacy learning (Core)
- CHCEDS047 Assist in facilitation of student learning (Core)
- CHCEDS048 Work with students in need of additional learning support (Core)
- CHCEDS051 Facilitate learning for students with disabilities (Core)
- CHCEDS056 Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder (Core)
- CHCEDS058 Support the implementation of behaviour plans (Core)
- CHCEDS059 Contribute to the health, safety and wellbeing of students (Core)
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice (Core)
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk (Core)
- CHCEDS049 Supervise students outside the classroom (Elective) approach (Elective)
- CHCCDE004 Implement participation and engagement strategies (Elective)
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety (Elective)
- CHCECE030 Support inclusion and diversity (Elective)
There are no formal pre requisites to this qualification however, students must successfully pass a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to their enrolment and obtain a Working With Children’s Check before commencing their placement.
Study Modes Available
We have a variety of study modes available to suit you (with eLearning)
Classroom – Blended learning
Online – Distance learning (flexible self-paced learning )
Average completion time is 8 months. The full qualification must be completed within 24 months from date of enrolment and regular submission of assessment tasks is required.
Students will participate in 100 hours of work in a classroom environment catering to primary or secondary school students . A competent qualified supervisor (Qualified Teacher) will mentor and supervise individual students.
- Learning Support Officer
- Indigenous Education
- Liaison Officer
- Teacher assistant
- Teacher aide
Fees & Charges
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding.
SWTS support and encourage individuals with disabilities to access training subsidised through the Skills First Program.
Please contact our office on 03 9748 9233.
Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Contact the training office on 9748 9233
- Hoppers Crossing
Why South West Training Services
We offer people a range of career options through the provision of government accredited vocational education and training provided both in the workplace and at our education centre.
people from all walks of life
"I really enjoyed being a part of South West Training Services. The staff are very friendly, every time we come, we can see smiling faces greeting us. Our educator is very talented and supportive. I will really miss the classes and time spent at South West. I will surely recommend this course to my friends."
"The programs that are offered are just so adaptable for the students needs. It has been a whole new world and I would certainly recommend this program to my other friends and families. The learning part and the placement location was just so much fun with lots of interaction between students and staff."
"My experience here at South West Training Services was really great, the learning tools and the way the teacher had expressed all that we needed to learn was really insightful, helps you with work placement. The environment was really accommodating for learning and we just had lots of fun."
"I would like to thank South West Training Services for proving me an opportunity to be a part of this institution. Being a student, I enjoyed every part of the my course right from the theory in class through to the practical placements that helped me develop professional skills. Thanks a lot for all the knowledge I got from your talented and well educated trainers and course material that helped me learn every aspect of the child care industry."